Friday, May 21, 2010

5/19/2010 At sea

Today was our first day at sea on our way to Bermuda. This was the first opportunity for all of us to explore the ship. I really enjoy the layout of this ship! It's not as big as some of the other vessels we have sailed on but everything is nicely laid out and looks beautiful. We found a toddler play area for Serena on one of the upper decks and she is having a ball. There are so many great toys and she got to play with another baby only one month older than her named Jax. They both played together for about a half an hour and had a great time.

One thing I failed to mention earlier was that Serena did find one thing she did not like on the ship... the elevators. She doesn't like them not for the reason that I dislike them (no day of the week on the floor), but because of the motion. She had been on elevators before but I guess they have never accelerated as quickly as this one. Mr. and Mrs. S have been working with her all week and she is getting better. The down side to this is that Mr. and Mrs. S have been carrying her up and down the stairs to get to their destinations. Seeing how tired they were getting I volunteered to give her a Gnomi-back ride. Not fully appreciating her current size she proceeded to topple me over and face plant me into the carpet. She thought it was hysterical...I thought it was painful. Not wanting to lose face, other than what I just lost to carpet burn, I forced myself to pick her up and give her a ride down the stairs. It was the longest four flights of stairs in my life! When we got to the bottom of the last flight I passed off Serena to Mr. S and collapsed on the floor exhausted. Serena, sensing how tired I was, bent down and gave me a big hug. That made it all worth it.

No comments: