Friday, May 21, 2010

5/16/2010 And so it begins again.

Once again my fine readers I am off on a cruise adventure with Mr. and Mrs. S, although, this cruise will be special. Not only am I visiting two ports of call that my Gnomish legs have never set foot on but I also have have the special pleasure of accompanying Serena on her first ever cruise! No one knows what to expect of this adventure. Will Serena enjoy her sea voyage? Will she be oblivious to what she is experiencing? Will she act like a Gnomistani tree cat where the mere sight of water throws them into a uncontrollable terror that the only thing that calms them down is the soothing melodies of the Gnomistani pan flute? Only time will tell.

Our first port is the city of Newporton the Island of Rhode. Mr. S tells me this was one of the original 13 colonies of the United States. This is very fascinating to me as I sort of an amateur history buff. Sadly, because of a very busy schedule the past two weeks, I have not been able to do my normal research on our upcoming ports of call. I am going to have to use my vast knowledge of cruising and a bit of Gnomish intuition to plan my adventure.

Based on what I have learned from all of my cruise adventures to date, all cruise ports that mention the word “Island” have been warm tropical paradises with beautiful beaches, warm sand, and tasty fruity drinks with small umbrellas. I can't see why the “Island of Rhode” would be any different. Based on this, I am packing my normal Caribbean attire: Hawaiian shirt, snorkel gear, beach umbrella, speedo, SPF 185 sunblock (gnomes have very fare skin. On more than one occasion we have burst into flames on sunny days) and finally, my three piece steel drum set.

Let the adventure begin!

No comments: