Sunday, November 23, 2008

11-23-08 Back to work

It took me longer to recover than expected after the Penn State victory yesterday. I decided to have a few drinks in honor of the poor fans who braved the roughly 20 degree weather to be in the stadium for the victory. Mr. S suggested I try a Long Island ice tea as this is one of his favorite drinks. Now I have never been to this Long Island but judging by their national drink (Long Island is a country, correct?) I do not want to mess with these people! If this is what they drink every day they are much stronger than I am. This morning, after clearing the cobwebs I remembered a quote I once heard, “Long Island Iced Tea…it’s a bad decision in every glass.” Now I understand.

I felt that I needed to accomplish something today, so I decided to finish up the attic insulation. After my unfortunate experience with the blown-in insulation, I wasn't looking forward to this project. Thankfully Mr. S bought fiberglass batts that were much easier to install. I was able to not only get the garage ceiling finished but I got a good start on the kitchen as well! Not a moment too soon I might add. It was 45 degrees all weekend in the kitchen. It's not easy finding a sweatshirt that fits me. I wish the stores in this area would carry a better selection of Gnome big and tall sizes.



No comments: