Monday, November 17, 2008

11-16-08 Insulation, you are thy enemy

I hate blown-in insulation. I mean, I really, really hate it. I would like to meet the person who invented it, stuff his clothing full of it, and force him to run a marathon...on a hot day...in really humid weather. It is the most vile substance to work around since the Gnomistani building inspectors made us switch from using construction adhesive to using previously chewed bubble gum (PCBG) scrapped off the underside of school children's desk as a bonding agent. What a truly horrible time that was! Mr. S needed some help in the attic installing some lights and he asked me to help. Now in his defense he did warn me to wear long sleeves and pants but I didn't listen. No, my Gnomish pride got the better of me. After working for only an hour I began to itch all over. No matter what I did, I could not make the itching stop! Finally, after taking three showers I stopped itching...two days later. In a fit of rage (oh yes, Gnomes are well-known for their fits of rage) I tore down all of the ceiling drywall and insulation. Mr. S was horrified at the mess I made but just as soon as the dust had settled, I cleaned up all the rubble and stored it in the garage. I even promised to personally repair all the drywall myself. Now, time to get back to work.

No comments: