Tuesday, September 23, 2008

9-20-2008 Serenade of the Seas

It has been several months in coming but today, we stepped aboard the Serenade of the Seas to begin our Alaska adventure. To my surprise the cabin was adorned in the most beautiful white and blue decorations! There was even a beautifully wrapped gift on the bed. I was overwhelmed that Mr. and Mrs. S would not only know about but recognize Gnomistani Arbor Day! They even had the decorations colored to reflect the two national trees of Gnomistan: the white oak and the screaming blue turnip tree. If you are not familiar with Gnomistani history (a safe bet with the current state of your public education system), the white oak tree symbolizes the purity and the strength of Gnomistani people while the screaming blue turnip tree represents our love of loud blue turnips. Sadly, my initial joyousness was crushed when I read that the decorations were from Mrs. S's parents and the wine truffles were from Mr. S's parents all in recognition of Mr. and Mrs. S's five year anniversary of marriage. I couldn't be upset for too long as the celebration of love between two people is admired most of all among my people. But still...I would have liked a gift. Maybe the ship will serve screaming blue turnips with dinner.





No comments: