Friday, May 21, 2010

5/16/2010 I'm sailing away....

We have left port and are sailing to the Island of Rhode. For the first time we are traveling on the Celebrity Cruise line instead of our normal Royal Caribbean. I must say this ship is nice. The crew is fantastic, the ship is very well laid out, and our cabin is roomy. So far, I am very happy. Serena is also adapting extremely well to her new environment. The gentle rocking of the ship has not affected her in the slightest. She has also been a perfect angel at dinner, sitting though the entire meal on her best behavior. I see that the full month of etiquette training I have been subjecting her to has paid off! She is also very excited about the food. Mr. and Mrs. S, always the diligent parents, brought with them a large bag of her normal food for the trip. It looks like most of it will not be needed. On the first night Serena sampled pasta carbonara, caprese salad, and fresh fruit. She is a very good eater!

Serena is also in her glory around all her fellow passengers. Walking around the ship she smiles at everyone, waves to them hello and good bye, and when she is feeling adventurous, the occasional high five. I think she might have a career as a cruise director some day!

I do have one small gripe with this ship. Unlike the other vessels I have sailed on in the past, this ship does not display the day of the week in the elevators. How am I to know what day it is? I don't wear a watch that displays the date and my irrational fear of calenders precludes me from that simple solution. Without knowing the day of the week how ma I to know what underwear to put on in the morning. Could you imagine the social shunning I would receive if I wore Sundays underwear on a Friday. Oh the Gnomanity of it all! I guess I will have to ask our room attendant every time I wake up. Ahhhh, small sacrifices.

No comments: