Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Kitchen drywall update

Well after many requests from my fans (all four of you) I am posting another batch of kitchen remodeling pictures. Today's installment, drywalling the walls. So far everything has gone well. It has taken me a while to get this far as a consequence of my short stature. If you think installing drywall is time consuming for normal people image how hard it is when you are only ten inches tall. Every time I want to add another screw I have to set up a complex scaffolding system that reminds me of skyscraper. If that was not bad enough, Mr. S occasionally flaunts his height by screwing in an entire sheet in 5 minutes! He doesn't even need a ladder! Well enough of my ranting...here are the pictures.

Inside of the new laundry room


Outside of laundry room


Beginning the back wall


Back wall is finished!


Side wall is finished...I've been a busy Gnome!


Removing the old garage door


This is my favorite memory. Mr. S, while trying to help me the other day, accidentally drywalled himself inside the garage. He had been getting on my nerves that day so I didn't feel like letting him out. He does seem kind of helpless and sad in there. He stayed in the garage for hours until, late that night, he realized that there was another door to the kitchen and he escaped his prison.


The old door is completely closed off

No comments: