Sunday, January 11, 2009

1-11-09 Observations from Steely-Eyed


Hey there, how yinz doin'? To warm up for the Stillers game, I've been watchn' the Igles and the Gints n'at. Dis is what I think I thunk:

* The legendary Terry Bradshaw picked against the Stillers?!? Oh the gnomanity!

* With my suberb gnome lip reading ability, I saw Donovan McNabb say, "I didn't even know that intentional grounding from the endzone could result in a safety."

* So at nearly the end of the second quarter, I must point out that with the score Philadelphia 7, New York 8, provided that both teams only score a field goal, that this game could end in the second 11-10 score in NFL history. Particularly, noteworthy since today's Stillers-Bolts game is the rematch of the first such ending. Well, actually, as yinz know, the final shoulda bin 17-10 if the officials hadn't blown it n'at.

* Well, we did see 11-10 but it didn't last. The Blue Man Group outta put some points on da board before Philly puts the game beyond reach.

* Not looking good for Big Blue. Wowsers, dis far the home teams are 0-3...dat ain't a good omen for the Black n'Gold. Let's hope Ben n' da Boyz snap that trend.

* Humpf, the talk'n head on the teevee says that no game has ever ended in a final score of 23-11...historic ending after all n'at.

Depend'n on my state of mind, n'at, after the big showdown, I might post s'more...or I might not.

Go Stillers!!!!

No comments: